Cisco Meraki MX250
Powerful Security and SD-WAN for the Branch & Campus
- 10G SFP+ WAN interfaces for high-speed connectivity
- 1G/10G fiber and copper interfaces for flexible LAN connectivity
- Stateful firewall throughput: 4 Gbps
- Redundant power supplies and fans
- Recommended maximum clients: 2,000
Industry-leading cloud management
- Unified firewall, switching, wireless LAN, and mobile device management through an intuitive web-based dashboard
- Template-based settings scale easily from small deployments to tens of thousands of devices
- Role-based administration, configurable email alerts for a variety of important events, and easily auditable change logs
- Summary reports with user, device, and application usage details archived in the cloud
The MX platform has an extensive suite of security features, including IDS/IPS, content filtering, web search filtering, anti-malware, geo-IP-based firewalling, IPsec VPN connectivity, and Cisco Advanced Malware Protection, while providing the performance required for modern, bandwidth-intensive networks.
Layer 7 fingerprinting technology lets administrators identify unwanted content and applications, and prevents recreational apps like BitTorrent from wasting precious bandwidth.
The integrated Cisco SNORT® engine delivers superior intrusion prevention coverage, a key requirement for PCI 3.2 compliance.
The MX also uses the Webroot BrightCloud® URL categorization database for CIPA/IWF-compliant content filtering, Cisco Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) engine for anti-malware, AMP Threat Grid Cloud, and MaxMind for geo-IP-based security rules.
Best of all, these industry-leading Layer 7 security engines and signatures are always kept up-to-date via the cloud, simplifying network security management and providing peace of mind to IT administrators.
Some Security Features may require Advance Security License or additional Licenses.
Lifetime Warranty with Next-Day Advanced Replacement
Cisco Meraki MX appliances include a limited lifetime hardware warranty that provides next-day advance hardware replacement.
Cisco Meraki’s simplified software and support licensing model also combines all software upgrades, centralized systems management, and phone support under a single, easy-to-understand model.
For complete details, please visit meraki.cisco.com/support.
Networking and security
Auto VPN™ self-configuring site-to-site VPN
Active Directory integration
Client VPN (IPsec)
3G / 4G failover via USB modem
Traffic shaping and application management
Layer 7 application visibility and traffic shaping
Advanced security services1
Google SafeSearch and YouTube for Schools
Intrusion detection & prevention (IDS/IPS)
Advanced Malware Protection (AMP)
Cisco Threat Grid2
1 Requires Advanced Security License
2 Requires Threat Grid cloud subscription (learn more)
Work in Education?
Wiretap is a fully authorised Cisco Meraki Reseller and can get you K-12 discounts & pricing as well as trial units.
Get in touch to see how a Cisco Meraki Mx64 can help your organization.
Buy Meraki MX250 Australia